Web Page Scores

Previously I had blogged about how my premier web blog got rated poorly for SEO by the HubSpot tool. I thought I would review my scores from this tool for a couple other sites I have. Perhaps you can learn something about what I have done on these sites, and the affect it had on their SEO effectiveness.

A very low SEO score of 4 was awarded to one of my image galleries. There is just one page on the site. And it has only one heading. There are 85 images on the page which the tool considers bad. The tool found only 4 inbound links to the page. It has an Alexa rank somewhere around 26 million which is no good. This web site has been around a little while. However it has no Google page rank.

I have another blog where I discuss some dark topics. It received an SEO score of 27 which is still not that good. This blog has 16 headings. It has 15 images, which the tool also reports as being bad. This blog has 26 inbound links. That may be due to the fact that I submitted the blog to a bunch of directories. I am sad to say that this blog also has no Google page rank.

Another blog of mine was an experiment. I post fictional letters to a celebrity on this site. It received an SEO score of 28. It has 49 pages indexed by Google. It only has 12 inbound links. I did submit it to a few directories. It has an Alexa ranking of 9 million. I am happy to report that this site has a Google page rank of 1.

Finally I want to talk about a third blog of mine. This blog does not have a lot of entries. However each entry is about a technical topic. It has an SEO score of 34. There were 87 inbound links reported by the tool. This blog has 47 pages indexed by Google. It has an Alexa ranking of 20 million. But it also has a Technorati ranking of 1 to 2 million. This site also has a Google page rank of 1.

In summary, the HubSpot web score can provide some insight into your SEO effectiveness. Inbound links are a significant factor. I suspect site lifetime plays a good part as well. Submitting a URL to web directories may be one way to help out. Blogs can get a Google page rank without a huge web score from HubSpot. I wonder how much better they would fare if I follow the guidance from the HubSpot tool