Getting Indexed

I have a number of new web sites that I want indexed by Google. So I got through the normal process and add their URLs to Google. I also add them to MSN and Yahoo search. As I develop new web sites, I continue to submit the completed sites to the search engines.

What I have found is that it is hard to predict when my new web sites get crawled and indexed. My first new site seemed to get crawled by Google relatively quickly. I thought this was just due to good luck. However my second and third sites took much longer.

As I pondered this discrepancy, I tried to analyze the site content for each of the sites to detect a reason why Google indexed the first one very quicky. This was difficult as each of my sites were nearly identical in layout. Then I recalled that the one thing different about the first new web site was that I linked to it from my main company web page. I am suspecting that this linking may have moved the site up in the queue for indexing. In fact, I think I have heard or read about this effect somewhere.

It is my firm belief that you need to test out theories like this. Since I have a constant generation of new web sites, and the full control of my company web page, I plan to do some tests. If in fact linking to the new site accelerates its Google indexing, I think I will have a new process for launching new sites. I will keep you posted on my findings.