Generating Links

When it gets down to it, inbound links to your site should give you better page rank. I have read about a number of strategies to generate a lot of these links. One long term strategy I have been loosely following is to build up a number of related blogs. I plan to cross link all of these, and have them all link to a master blog that I want to come out high on the Google SERP.

The problem with my long term strategy is that it requires a lot of work. And there is no guaranteed payoff in the end. It does have a benefit in that, when I write blog entries, it is definitely unique content. I just wanted to accelerate the process a little bit.

So my latest idea is to borrow some free content, and just make a web site that links to my existing start up blogs. This too takes some work. But it can be completed in days instead of many months. I had read about this technique before but just passed it over. Now I am putting it into practice. Cutting and pasting existing text is a lot faster than writing next text. And I am getting a lot of pages and links to my blogs. So far I think I doubled the number of inbound links this weekend.

The only thing I want to be careful about is not to trigger any suspicion with the number of inbound links growing too quickly. On the flip side, it would be nice if I could automate this somehow. I am a programmer. So that might be the next step.