Search Engine Result Pages

My first blog I ever created was one on Software Maintenance. So far I have not performed any explicit SEO on it. And I have found that I am nowhere to be found on Google's result pages when searching for "Software Maintenance". This seems a bit strange. I thought these factors would have helped me out:
  • I have a number of heading tags
  • My pages are indexed by Google
  • There are a number of inbound links to my blog
  • I got a full RSS feed available

The plan was to get some good content in the blog over the long haul and hope people would come. But I wanted to also be high up in the Google SERPs (for both more traffic and bragging rights). I do know I have the following deficiencies:

  • Lack of keywords/descriptions for posts
  • No meta keywords
  • I got a lot of images but no alt tags
  • The blog is relatively new (2+ months)
  • The domain is new as well
  • No links from del.icio.us or Digg

Another painful fact is that Technorati ranks my blog at number 4 million or so. Ouch. Perhaps I should amend my plan to do some SEO along the way as I build up content for my blog. To also ensure I do not give up hope, I sometimes do Google search for a combination of my 4 best keywords for my site. Then I see my blog in the 1st SERP from Google. But that is not going to get my any visitors. Time to get to work.,