Book Report

I have recently turned to print book to study up on a few topics. Today I got a bunch of books on blogging. They may not be directly focused on Search Engine Optimization, but are not that far off either. The first book I read was "Start Your Own Blogging Business".

The sad thing about this book was that its first discussion on SEO was to watch out for SEO scams. Is our field so filled with sleazy rip-off artists that this is the popular opinion of us? This is definitely not the first time I had heard this warning. In fact, other well respected people I consider SEO experts also reiterate this. There is a lot I could say on this subject, however I believe the old saying buyer beware applies here.

On a more positive note, the book I read advised you to pause before you give up on a blog and try to start another one. It recommends you first attempt to maximize the first blog. I took this advice to heart. Yes I have been trying to study up on SEO to help my blog rise up in the SERPS. But in no way have I exhausted all the on-page and also off-page factors. Luckily I have not given up on my main blog yet, even though it has failed to produce the profit that I was hoping it would.