Google AdSense Handbook

I received a link via e-mail to download an ebook entitled "The Google AdSense Handbook". The subtitle of this book is Building Your Own AdSense Empire. Sounds good to me. The strange thing about the book is there seems to be zero self promotion involved. It did not list an author. How unusual. I had to go back to me e-mail to see who sent it to me. They called themselves the Truth To Wealth Mentors. Very strange indeed.

Well I read through the book. And to tell you the truth, the book did not change my life. It wasn't that the book did not have good information. But it was very dry. Maybe the style of the author did not agree with me. I am not sure. However I came away with a number of helpful hints that I will share with you here.
  • Develop and stick to a blog writing schedule
  • Keep posts simple with 1 to 2 ideas
  • Give posts your own personal style
  • Good idea for a blog is reviews (like movies)
  • Write at least 100 words per page for Page Rank
  • Put sky scraper ad in upper left hand corner of page
  • Don't center headlines as many people will miss them

The book spent a good portion discussing search engine bots. I will cover those in a future post.