Effect of Links and Directories

It has been 4 days since I created my new Black of Hat blog. However my blog has not been indexed by Google yet. I would not have expected this to happen so soon just by adding the URL to Google/MSN/Yahoo. However I did some different things with this new blog.

The first unique step I did with my new blog was to link to it from my most popular web sites. In fact, I put a link to my new blog on every single page of my main web site. The second unique step was that I immediately wrote a new blog post in my many existing blogs introducing (and linking to) my new blog. The funny thing is that most of these new posts in my old blogs got indexed immediately by Google. However my new blog is nowhere to be found in Google's cached web pages.

The final most critical new step I have applied to my new blog is to submit it to a lot of directories on the web. I have submitted my URL to 70 different directories ranging from PR8 to PR4. Now many of these directories need to review my request before actually adding me to their directory. However it appears that I am already listed in DMOZ. I was hoping that would grant me immediate indexing by Google.

Whatever the short term outcome, I know I shall be eventually indexed by all the major search engines. I just thought I would conduct an experiment with my latest blog to see if I could expedite the process. Check out my Black of Hat blog. You might find a program or two that can help you with your Search Engine Optimization needs.