John Chow is the Man

In the past I have avoided clicking on AdSense advertising on other sites. Maybe that was because I have become hypersensitive to advertising since I am a publisher that hosts ads on my sites. But recently I have had a change of heart. If I see an interesting ad, I will click through to check it out. I was glad I clicked on an ad for John Chow Dot Com.

I hesitantly entered my e-mail address at John Chow Dot Com in order to receive his Free Online Make Money EBook. And what do you know? The thing was actually free. Yes this guy wants to make money. But he is not trying to trick me into buying some seminar or book or other crap.

John's book teaches how to make money by blogging. He goes over some material that is familiar to anybody who has researched this topic:
  • Get your own domain name
  • Update your blog frequently
  • Answer comments from readers
  • Posts should have at least 200 words
  • Use descriptive anchor tags in links
  • Comment on popular blogs
  • Give out back links

However John also had some advice that was new to me:

  • Turn old posts into new ones with a little update
  • Link to older posts
  • Space ads out so they are not too crowded
  • Look for Google AdWords coupons
  • Write about other sites
  • Create/distribute free articles

I was so wowed by John's ebook that I am linking to John Chow dot com. This is significant for me. I am stingy with outbound links, and almost never link to other sites. Too afraid it will mess up my page rank. But I highly recommend John's free ebook. I guess I should disclaim that I have no business relationship to John Chow. Just am grateful he published a good ebook that was free. I like to reward those that do good without any required payback. John - this post is for you.